Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

playlist

I'll admit, I haven't encountered a lot of "you're insane, it will never happen" attitudes as I make this journey. Mostly I've been met with "that's amazing!" "good luck!" and "wow"... which is all very nice and good. However, I think the biggest naysayer is the internal monologue. That little voice inside that will sometimes say "this is crazy, and it will never happen."

I have a playlist that tends to shut the little voice up... and here's what's on it:
Lady Gaga - Born This Way
India Arie - A Beautiful Day
Mary J Blige - Each Tear
Glee Cast - Loser Like Me
Pink - Fucking Perfect
Katy Perry - Firework
Wicked - Defying Gravity
Eminem - I'm not Afraid
Eminem - Lose Yourself

It grows as I learn about new things, but I'm happy I've found something that works for me. The message is a resounding "Screw the world, be you, and be the best you that you can. You got this." Although in my case it doesn't seem like the world that's against me, its mostly just me.

And on that note - off to study OChem. I promise a resounding post of how it's going soon, along with the agony and the ecstasy that is PCR...

No comments:

Post a Comment